from the Courier< March 28th, 1866
The second Superintendent of the Western , Andrew Scarlett, (1850 - 1869) continued to uphold the nursery tradition and was frequently a prize winner in the Dundee Horticultural Society's shows. The planting and memorials were seen as a major attraction of the site. (His memorial is a simple obelisk, now fallen.)
In 1852 The site was consecrated by Bishop Forbes.
Patrick Findlater, about whom nothing is known, designed the north extension (former quarry) in 1868 when the North Lodge was built. The lodge was re-modelled in 1882
|Robert Gordon Rae|
|Leng and |Thomson|
|Neish's memorial. Thes sectionl to tight is dedicated to Erdine-Scott|